Thursday, February 5, 2015

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

  • LITERAL
    (a) Write: “I, __________________________, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents ____ hours of work.” 
I, Alan Gutierrez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 31 hours of work.
  • (b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component 
My mentor was the one who put me into the Big Brother Program and she was also the one who gave me tips going into the program.
  • (c) Update your hours in your Senior Project Hours link. Make sure it is clearly labeled with hours for individual sessions as well as total hours.
  • (d) Explain what you completed.    
I completed 31 hours of being in the Big Brother Program which is a program where you help out a child from 1st-6th grade that has a mental illness like depression,anger, etc.  You go to the child's school and basically hang out with them for as long as you'd like.
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    Defend your work and explain its significance to your project and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
This is significant to my project because it helps me see how depression can affect everyone for their own reason. It helps me see that being there for someone is also effective just being there for the person. 



  • APPLIED
    How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate this. 
It helped me understand my topic better because by working with Jared it showed me that I'd love to work with people dealing with depression and talk to them or do any of their favorite activities together, but at the same time figuring out why they are depressed. To me it's really eye opening and this program has made me realize that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment