Monday, August 18, 2014

Blog 2 : Mentorship

1. (Know) Using google doc (drive) link a log of specific hours and a description of your duties (click here for an example) to your blog post.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rRUbGnyaaZGPayvYbQ_ZIKukFBGC8BGuK3Qne93ppf8/edit?usp=drive_web

2What is the contact name & number of where you volunteered?
 Patti Azevedo
Program Administrator
School Mental Health Services
Pomona Unified School District
605 North Park Avenue
Pomona, California 91768
909-397-4491 x26594
909-623-9560 (Fax)

3. (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them.     What's a good strategy when helping someone deal with their depression? 
What if the person isn't really cooperative? 
What if you have your own personal problems? 

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why? 
The most important thing I gained from this experience, even though I actually didn't be a big brother to a child dealing with a depression just yet, was to put the patient first. Each session would be different, either bad or good from the last session, but either good or bad, I can make it better. 

5. What is your senior project topic going to be?  How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain.
My senior topic is going to be on helping pre-teens, possibly teens, deal with depression. I've always loved taking the time to help out some one that is sad and slowly make them happy again. By doing what I did it helped me realize even more that this is something I could see myself doing in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment