Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blog 19 : Independent Component 2



Content:  

LITERAL
(a) Include this statement: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents ___ hours of work.”
I, Alan Gutierrez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 31 hours of work.
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
My mentor was the one who put me into the Big Brother Program which is what I did for my last independent component.
(c) Update your Independent Component 2 Log (which should be under your Senior Project Hours link)
UPDATED.
(d) Explain what you completed.    
I completed 31 hours of being in the Big Brother Program which is a program where you help out a child from 1st-6th grade that has a mental illness like depression,anger, etc.  You go to the child's school and basically hang out with them for as long as you'd like.
    INTERPRETIVE 
    Defend your work and explain the component's significance and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
    APPLIED
    How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 
    It helped me understand my topic better because by working with Jared it showed me that I'd love to work with people dealing with depression and talk to them or do any of their favorite activities together, but at the same time figuring out why they are depressed. To me it's really eye opening and this program has made me realize that. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment